What’s the best way to conclude the first day of an awesome conference? A Hackathon!!!
All conference attendees are welcome to join us at the Mashery sponsored SunshinePHP Hackathon.
The Sunshine PHP Hackathon brings developers together for a coding fest focused on building apps and mashups. Developers of all experience levels can share ideas, collaborate on existing projects, start new ventures, and find out about great tools and new APIs to play with. It’s a great way to spend the Friday evening at the Sunshine PHP Conference.
Hackers will also hear from some of the country’s top API-focused companies on tips, tricks, and tools for building the next big app. At the end of the day, teams and/or individuals get a chance to present their work to a panel of judges and win kickass prizes.
Twilio will be participating and will present prizes as well.
- 5:00pm – Doors open/Networking
- 5:30pm – Intro/API Demos
- 6:00pm – Hacking Begins
- 11:00pm – Hacking Ends
- 11:15pm – Demos
- 12:00am – Judging
- 12:15am – Awards
- 12:30am – Sleep!
- Don’t worry about dinner, because participants will enjoy pizza and soda at some point during the event.
- Beverages with caffeine will be available, as well as sugary candy and music.
- List of Mashery APIs are at http://developer.mashery.com/apis
- The Twilio API is located at http://www.twilio.com/
- MUST BE A CONFERENCE ATTENDEE!
- Grand Prize – Google Nexus 7 or equivalent value on an Apple/Amazon Gift Card
- Runner Up – Deluxe Arduino Kit or equivalent value on an Apple/Amazon Gift Card
- Best app built using one or more Mashery APIs – Belkin Wemo Home Automation Switches
- Best app built using Twilio API – Native Union POP Bluetooth
So build your team, and start planning! (Or go alone, it’s up to you.)
Join the event at: https://www.hackerleague.org/hackathons/sunshine-php-hackathon-miami
If you don’t have a team, don’t worry, you can join one on the site above. Being on a team is fun, and you may learn something, but it is not a requirement.
Not sure what to build? No worries, create an empty project for now.
NOTE: All details above subject to change. This page will be updated if change occur.